Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Pin Free


My doc was just as impatient to rip these babies out as I was. We both had a hard time actually waiting for the x-rays to finish processing.

When I told him that the smaller pin had twisted a few times, he said, "Oh yeah. That happens. It usually means it's ready to come out." He's a very nonchalant man. But OH MY GOODNESS. If he had, say, mentioned that pin twisting wasn't completely unusual, I wouldn't have freaked out quite so much when I noticed that mine had changed directions.

One really disgusting thing he said: "Wow. You've kept these really clean." I truly don't want to know what he is using for comparison. That's just nasty. What is wrong with you people? Hydrogen peroxide is simply not that difficult a hygiene request to comply with, is it? Eewww.

My range of motion basically sucks. Now I get to go to physical therapy three times a week for the next month. I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am at the prospect of someone regularly making my sad little finger do things that cause excruciating pain. My doc wants a complete bend in a month. And because I think he's such a cool guy today, that is exactly what I want to give him. (Plus I still have a small stash of Vicodin to take pre-therapy sessions. It will be our secret.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

website statistics